1.What is it?
The TelePatch is the most advanced and convenient ambulatory cardiac monitoring system with a wireless cardiac monitor patch for 1 – 30 days cardiac telemetry to detect cardiac arrhythmias.
FDA approved December 2016 – 510(k) number – K161916
2. How does it work?
- attach patch for up to 7 days
- single/ dual channel ECG recording configuration
- apply new patch for longer monitoring
3 wear options:
- 7- day single patch
- built in finger tip electrodes
- traditional 3- and 5- lead terminal wired electrodes
3. The future
This method could speed up the ECG reading process as patients can wear the device for a reading while they wait in A&E or in a clinic waiting room.
This could also be used as a screening device for patients with cardiac symptoms for a more accurate reading in the patient’s organic habitat rather than in an intimidating clinical space.
4. Who is involved?
All images from this article belong to Medicomp